No, not the one where we haven’t even had Thanksgiving yet and the stores are already playing Christmas Carols—though it’s also that season, unfortunately—but the one where it’s time to start thinking about what movies are coming out next year.
What, like you weren’t already thinking about it? C’mon.
The UK’s Times Online has published their predictions for the 50 biggest movies of 2009, and there are a half-dozen family and kiddie notables on the list.
They’ve pegged (amongst others) the following movies, which those of us with little ones may want to keep in mind:
- Night at the Museum 2: Battle of the Smithsonian
- Ice Age: Dawn of the Dinosaurs
- Transformers: Revenge of the Fallen
- Hannah Montana: The Movie
- Monsters vs. Aliens
- Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince
I’m just glad for those last two; before I got to those, I was certain that all 2009 held was a bunch of sequels with colons in them….