Are you a Marvel Comics fan? Do you keep your favorite comics in the plastic sleeves and treat them with reverence? Are you the first in line, opening night, when a superhero-based movie opens? Are you really?
Well, in that case, first I’d like to suggest that you get out a little bit more. I’m just sayin’. Sunlight is your friend.
Okay, but besides that, you might be excited to learn that Marvel Comics is holding the Be In A Marvel Movie Sweepstakes. The grand prize includes—go figure—a walk-on role in a future Marvel movie. You could have your kneecaps broken by the Hulk, or something! In front of millions of people! But check it out; that’s not all the grand prize winner gets, and there’s plenty of goodies for everyone:
GRAND PRIZE (1)
* Economy round trip airfare for two to Los Angeles
* Two nights hotel accommodations
* Rental car for three days
* A walk-on role for one in a future Marvel Studios movie
FIRST PRIZES (3)
* One (1) Fantastic Four Omnibus Book
* One (1) Spider-Man Omnibus Book
* One (1) Planet Hulk Hardcover Book
SECOND PRIZES (15)
* A 12-issue subscription to the Amazing Spider-Man comic book series – (Five (5) Available)
* A 12-issue subscription to the Fantastic Four comic book series – (Five (5) Available)
* A 12-issue subscription to the Iron Man comic book series – (Five (5) Available)
The contest is open only to residents of the continental U.S., and you must be at least 18 years of age. (I don’t know why; hey, I don’t make the contests, I just tell you about them.) Official rules can be found here.
You have until August 10th, 2007 to enter, but why don’t you go do it now before you forget? And then you can start practicing for your close-up. I recommend working on your terrified face. Just a hunch.
[Hat tip: Pop Candy]